Wed, Mar 08|
A link will be emailed before the event
Virtual Sensual Massage Class
Have you wanted to give a massage that is easier on your hands/body AND feels better for the other person? Have you wanted to engage in a physically intimate way with someone that doesn't involve sex or may help you get into a better headspace for sex?
Time & Location
Mar 08, 2023, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM EST
A link will be emailed before the event
About the event
- Have you wanted to give a massage to a partner or friend that is easier on your hands/body AND feels better for the other person?
- Have you received a massage from a partner or friend but it doesn’t feel quite right, and you didn’t know how or what to communicate to them to make it feel better?
- Have you wanted to engage in a physically intimate way with someone that didn’t involve sex?
- Have you wanted to be in a more relaxed head and body space leading into physical intimacy and/or sex?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, check out this class!
In this class, we will:
- Discuss what sensuality can mean and why it can be important
- Discuss how people can be wired differently: sensual, sexual, kinky, energetic, or a combo and how knowing your own and a partner’s wiring can be important and useful when giving a massage and can influence what “tools” to bring in
- Discuss and practice ways to better communicate and practice consent with a massage partner
- Learn and practice warming up our bodies to more safely and effectively give a massage
- Learn and practice slowing down and “listening” to your massage partner’s body and breath as well as to your own
- Learn ways to position your body and deliver pressure that are less hard on your body
- Experiment with different massage tools (fingers, palms, soft fists, forearms, etc.) and techniques (still touch, glides, sinking, etc.)
Important Notes and Agreements:
- While I will mention sex and sexuality to a degree, this is NOT a sexual massage class. All participants are to remain clothed and not engage in any nipple or genital touching.
- This event will take place online via freeQ, a platform built by queers to be an alternative to zoom that doesn't use AI to spy on us. A specialized link will be emailed to attendees ahead of time. By attending this event, you must be 18+ and consenting, you are agreeing to not share the link with anyone, and you are agreeing to the freeQ Pillars of Freedom on the community standards page to strive to make this a safer space. I reserve the right to remove, or remove audio or video for, any attendee not respecting these community standards.
- There are no live captions installed yet on freeQ. They have a work around for captions if you use Chrome, which, in general, is the recommended platform for best functionality, especially on a laptop or desktop. With this workaround, it seems like you won't see your own words translated into text, just others' words.
- Launch Google Chrome browser.
- Click on the More. for options menu.
- Select the Settings menu from the list.
- Scroll to the Advanced section, and click to expand.
- Under the Accessibility section, and turn ON the Live Caption toggle button.
- You can take this class by yourself or with someone(s) who you are comfortable giving and receving touch with.
- A portion of the class will be time for people to practice and ask questions either via chat or voice.
- You may opt to be on or off camera as desired.
- Only engage with the material as much or as little as you feel available for. Take breaks on your own time and know there will also be designated 5 minute break part-way through.
- This class will NOT be recorded. The powerpoint may be requested.
- Things to have available: pillows/bolsters, whatever you’re sitting or laying on, oil/lotion, comfy clothes.
- Attendees are welcome to wear whatever they like, but gym/yoga clothes may be the most comfortable/work the best for giving and receiving massages. If you want to incorporate oil/lotion, wear clothes that will accommodate that easily.
- You are welcome to massage someone on a bed, sofa, floor, chair or yoga mat. Please think about what is going to work for ALL people involved ahead of time. (Maybe the receiver wants to receive a massage on the floor, but the giver can’t be on their knees on the floor, therefore this is not an option.)
- If you want to be on camera to receive feedback on what you’re doing, please prepare your space/camera accordingly.
By joining this class, you are assuming all medical responsibility. This class assumes any attendee would have clearance from a doctor and that massage is not contraindicated for any condition. J Sheffield is exempt from all liability, past, present and future.
If you can no longer attend, you must email me at email@example.com before the event starts to transfer your ticket to someone else or to use it as a credit to a future workshop. No refunds will be given.
Sliding Scale Ticket
Cost is Per Person 2 Sliding Scale Options: $15 and $25; 2 Full Price Plus Donation Options (donations help fund my sliding scale offerings): $40 and $50; 1 Full Price Option: $35From $15.00 to $50.00
- $35.00+$0.88 service fee
- $40.00+$1.00 service fee
- $50.00+$1.25 service fee